So the baking gig is going quite well. I’m enjoying coming up with creative recipes to please the sweet-seekers at Big Spring Spirits. I heard of someone that came in looking for more chocolate. I hear ya sister, and so I offer this grain-free, dairy free, completely paleo Caveman Chocolate Cake!
For the Cake:
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup melted coconut oil
1 1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate ganache frosting:
1 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
dash of sea salt
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
1. In a small bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa, sea salt, and baking soda
2. Place coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add in the eggs, using a hand-held mixer to combine, not over mixing (it will cause the cake to fluff up during baking).
3. Add the dry ingredients into the wet
4. Grease a cake pan with coconut oil and powder with cocoa powder.
5. Bake for approximately 45 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
6. Cool the cake
For the ganache
1. Combine all ganache ingredients and mix thoroughly. Gently spread on the cake (the coconut oil will melt with handling – which is okay). Place in the refrigerator in order to set the cake.