Such a great, delicious classic dish! Now it’s even better! All healthy ingredients that you can enjoy. I LOVE this recipe for this popular Thai treat.
Pad Thai Sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
dash ground cayenne pepper (optional)
1/4 cup coconut milk
1. Place all the ingredients except the coconut milk in the bowl of a food processor and whirl until well blended.
2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber scraper, then add the coconut milk. Process until it’s blended and smooth. Store covered in the fridge.
Pad Thai Ingredients, serves 2
1 batch pad Thai sauce
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons coconut aminos
2 teaspoons plus 1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup snap peas, thinly sliced lengthwise
2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
6-8 ounces cooked chicken breast, diced
squeeze of lime juice
1. Crack the eggs into a small bowl, and use a fork to beat them with the coconut aminos. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons coconut oil to the skillet, and when it’s melted, pour in the eggs and let them spread like a pancake. Reduce the heat to medium and cover with a lid, letting the eggs cook until they’re set and beginning to brown on the bottom, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and lightly brown the other side. Remove the eggs from the pan and cut into strips with a sharp knife.
2. Using the same pan, increase heat to medium-high and add 1 teaspoon coconut oil to the pan. Sauté the onion carrots, and snap peas, stirring with a wooden spoon, until they’re crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the spaghetti squash, chicken, and cooked egg to the pan and, stirring with a wooden spoon, cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the pad Thai sauce to the pan and stir-fry until everything is well-blended and hot. Divide among two plates and add your chosen garnishes! Delish!