This yummy, fresh tasting dish is great for the summer time. Super healthy too!
- 1 cup quinoa (any variety will do – I used white to contrast the other colors)
- 2 cups water
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup fresh Mint leaves chopped
- 1 cup Flat leaf Parsley chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- Garlic-2 cloves-crushed
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt-to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions
- In a large bowl add the Olive Oil, garlic,lemon juice ,zest,salt and pepper.Mix well.
- Add all the other ingredients and the quinoa and mix well. Check the seasonings.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour to allow flavors to blend