It’s time! Tomatoes are coming in season in Central Pennsylvania and that means it’s time for yummy things like Gazpacho (Click here) and Fresh Salsa.
Making salsa is easy and SO much better than buying it. It does take time to chop everything, but I think it’s worth it. Just be advised that while it sits, it does blend the flavors more, but it also becomes more liquid as the juices come out. Enjoy this salsa on top of sandwiches, salads, chips, tacos, cucumbers – the possibilities are endless! This is a guiltless dish to be enjoyed any time!
- 4 Ripe Tomatoes, seeds removed, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 Red Onion, finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, ribs and seeds removed, finely diced
- 2 tsp Garlic, run through garlic press
- 3/4 cup Cilantro Leaves, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Salt and Pepper