Enjoy some colorful soup!
- 2 yukon gold potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 container of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of wine
- 4 stalks of celery
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- For prep; dice onion, celery and garlic. In a large stock pot on medium heat add garlic, onions and celery with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add 4 sprigs of rosemary and 3 sprigs of thyme, leaving them on the stem, you will remove them later (or you can put loose dried herbs in a cheese cloth).
- Pour in a cup of wine. Cook till tender and add 4 potatoes that have been cubed. Season with fresh ground pepper and sea salt. Add a can of fire roasted chopped tomatoes and the vegetable broth (about 5 cups). Add an additional cup of water and simmer on medium-low heat for a few hours stirring occasionally and adding extra seasoning or water if necessary.
- Remove the sprigs of herbs, add the kale and cook for about 5 minutes.